ROLES & LEADERSHIP POSITIONS
2013 – present
Executive coaching, team and leadership development.
Niche consultancy based on PhD research findings of Executive Director Christopher Connolly.
See: More about Transition Expertise, Transition Expertise website.
Parenting Education and Support Forum
Research & Development Director 1999-2004
Having stepped down from being the overall Director of the Forum to develop my coaching work, I took the role of R&D Director in order to deepen my understanding and contribution in key areas including evaluation, the qualities and skills of ‘good enough parenting’ and the creation of short, accessible information documents for practitioners.
As the founding Director of the Forum I was responsible for all aspects of developing this fast growing and high profile national organisation including strategic development, staffing, communications and liaison with Government departments (Health, Education, Social Services and the Home Office).
(see also Non-Exec Director activities (below)
Sycon – the Sporting BodyMind Group
Executive coach working in the areas of business and transpersonal coaching, emotional intelligence, team development, transformational leadership, organisational synthesis.
Presenter of the inaugural 10 part series: A Problem Aired which showed counselling on television for the first time; the programme explored real problems live in the studio and from viewers’ letters, including live discussion and analysis with the counsellors.
The Artemis Charitable Trust
Research & Development Director
The Trust’s focus was to provide financial and development support for projects and organisations that promoted psychological education, emotional intelligence and counselling skills across a range of fields. I developed the following organisations, among others:
- Parent Network
- Information Service of The British Association for Counselling
- PIPPIN (Parents in Partnership Parent Infant Network)
- Child Psychotherapy Trust
- National Association for Staff Support in the Health Services (NASS)
- Counselling in Primary Care Trust
- Performance Consultants (bringing sports psychology and EQ to business coaching)
- The United Nations International Year of the Family
- Parenting Education & Support Forum
I contributed an influential research paper on parenting education and support for the United Nations Year of the Family 1994 which helped to spearhead a major UK public policy focus on the criticality of parenting in ensuring children’s health, educational and social outcomes.
Research, features, cultural news items for the Sunday Times Magazine, Time Out, Harpers & Queen, Cosmopolitan, the Independent; I held editorial positions at the Sunday Times Magazine and Time Out (founding editor of the Mind & Body column)
- Dieting Makes You Fat, (with Geoffrey Cannon; Century 1983, Sphere 1985, Simon & Schuster 1985). DMYF was a best seller
- The New Guide to Women’s Health (with Dr. Norma Williams; Macdonalds 1985)
- The Fitness Jungle (with Christopher Connolly; Century-Hutchinson 1986)